Trey Parker, born Randolph Severn Parker III on October 19, 1969, is one of the creators of South Park, as well as the movie, and other media. The character Stan Marsh is largely based on him. He and Matt Stone, the other co-creator, created South Park, which first aired back in 1997, and since then it has become highly successful, earning the creators a spot in the history books as visionaries of one of the most popular American animations that deals with real-life difficulties such as politics, stereotyping and racism. The show has also won several Emmys for its ingenuity and hilarious comedy.
Parker was born in Denver, Colorado, the son of Sharon Parker, an insurance broker, and Randy Parker, a geologist - the two share the first names and occupations of South Park characters Randy and Sharon Marsh. He has an older sister named Shelly, also the name of Stan Marsh's older sister. Parker grew up in the Conifer, Colorado area, and attended Berklee College of Music before transferring to the University of Colorado, where he majored in music. However, he did not graduate. The university offered him an honorary degree, which he said he would only accept "if it was for astrophysics."
The character Stan Marsh is based on Trey Parker, and even has parents with the same names as Trey's genuine parents.
Voices on South Park
Trey Parker voices a majority of the characters on South Park, next to Matt Stone. His most prominent roles are listed below.
- The Giant Beaver of Southern Sri Lanka (1989): Director, writer.
- First Date (1990): Director, writer.
- American History (1992): Director, writer.
- Jesus vs. Frosty (1992): Director, writer, voice actor, producer, character designer.
- Cannibal! The Musical (1993): Director, writer, actor, producer, composer, dialogue editor, foley artist, post-production sound, sound designer, sound effects, songs. Credited as Juan Schwartz.
- Time Warped (Un-aired television series, 1995): Director, writer, actor, voice actor, producer, creator. Credited as Juan schwartz.
- Jesus vs. Santa (1995): Director, writer, voice actor, producer, character designer. Uncredited.
- Your Studio and You (1995): Director, writer, actor.
- For Goodness Sake II (1996): Director, actor.
- Orgazmo (1997): Director, actor, writer, producer, editor. credited as Juan Schwartz.
- South Park (Television series, 1997-present): Co-creator, voice actor, writer, director, executive producer, music.
- BASEketball (1998): Actor.
- Revenge of the Roadkill Rabbit (Short film, 1999): Actor, voice actor. Credited as Juan Schwartz.
- South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (1999): Director, voice actor, writer, producer, music co-composer.
- Terror Firmer (1999): Actor.
- Even If You Don't (2000): Director.
- Princess (2001): Director, writer, voice actor, producer.
- That's My Bush! (Television series, 2001): Co-creator, writer, executive producer, music.
- Team America: World Police (2004): Director, writer, voice actor, producer, music.
- Tales from the Crapper (2004): Actor
- The Aristocrats (2005): Guest appearance.
- Kenny vs. Spenny (2007): Executive producer.
- Saul of the Mole Men (2007): Voice actor
- The Book of Mormon (Broadway musical theater, 2011): Producer, writer, director, music.