Ryan Valmer is Jimmy Valmer's father and Sarah Valmer's husband. He is Chief of the Fire Department for the City Council in South Park. Mr. Valmer appears first in the "Krazy Kripples" along with Mrs. Valmer they suspect that Jimmy has joined a gang.
Ryan wears a blue shirt with a greenish-blue tie, underneath a red sweater with a blue and orange diamond pattern at the bottom. He also wears dark green trousers. His hair is brown, and he seems to have a slight double chin.
Ryan is shown to be very concerned for Jimmy's welfare, asking him if he joined a gang when he hears rumors that Jimmy is involved in a gang society in "Krazy Kripples". Ryan seems to be rather nosy, as in "Up the Down Steroid", he kept poking into Jimmy's room, asking if he was masturbating. He also seems to be clueless for in "Night of the Living Homeless" he suggests to give the homeless designer sleeping bags and makeovers so they'll be easier to look at. Ryan and his wife both believe that their son's disability is punishment from God as they used to make fun of disabled children while in high school.
He is Sarah's husband. While they haven't been seen interacting often, we can assume they have a stable marriage, as they have not been seen fighting.
He is Jimmy's father. He is often seen ignoring Jimmy when he tries to speak with him, however, in "Krazy Kripples", he was shown to care deeply about his son's well-being.
- In "South Park is Gay!", he was called Stephen.
- "Krazy Kripples" - Him and his wife are worried that Jimmy will get killed if he stays in the gang.
- "South Park is Gay!" - Seen as a metrosexual.
- "Up the Down Steroid" - Ask Jimmy if he is masturbating in his room.
- "Erection Day" - Finds out that Jimmy is getting erections in the classroom.
- "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce"
- "Night of the Living Homeless"
- "The Magic Bush"
- "Stunning and Brave"
- "Where My Country Gone?"
- "Naughty Ninjas"
- "PC Principal Final Justice"- Seen at the gun show.
- "Skank Hunt" - Seen at the school assembly.
- "The Damned" - Seen at Skeeter's Wine Bar.
- "Wieners Out" - Seen at the community center in the Memberberries addiction meeting.
- "Douche and a Danish" - Seen at the addiction meeting for those addicted to Memberberries.
- "The End of Serialization as We Know It" - Seen socializing in the street after the internet was reset.