Richard Adler is the shop class teacher at the South Park Elementary. He occasionally talks and appears in the background. He voted for Barack Obama in "About Last Night..." and wore a grey sweater with Obama's as well.
In "Elementary School Musical" he appeared as one of the commentators at the basketball game.
Adler is overweight with balding brown hair and has sagging, overly large cheeks. He wears a white long-sleeved shirt, under a green vest, and beige pants. His vest has a diamond-shaped, green and black pattern on it. He also has a band-aid on his head from an unknown injury which he has in all of his appearance.
Adler's most notable character trait is a recurring memory of his fiancée, which culminates in a vision of her death, followed by the consumption of nicotine gum. Adler usually refers to things as "screwing around", whether it being not paying attention or fighting.
During "Tweek vs. Craig", he is plagued by memories of his girlfriend's death, and planned to commit suicide after running out of nicotine gum. After writing his suicide note, Adler planned to commit suicide by laying on a log cutter. However, he is interrupted by a fight between Tweek Tweak and Craig Tucker, who enter his classroom through the window, killing Kenny in the process.
As of more recent episodes he's appeared in, he is shown to be more relaxed. In "Mysterion Rises" it is revealed that Adler is a member of the Cult of Cthulhu. He is now mostly seen as an extra in school staff meetings.
- Adler was based on an old shop teacher who taught co-creator Matt Stone.
- His name was referenced in DVD commentary, but was bleeped.
- "Tweek vs. Craig" - Teaches shop class, and can't get over the death of his fiancée.
- "Proper Condom Use" - Agrees with Ms. Choksondik where they should teach Sexual education to kindergarteners
- "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" - Talks at the town hall meeting.
- "Erection Day"- Briefly seen in Jimmy's nightmare.
- "Two Days Before The Day After Tomorrow" - Seen at the school standing in the crowd of students and teachers looking at the television.
- "About Last Night..." - States his support for Barack Obama.
- "Eat, Pray, Queef"
- "Pinewood Derby"
- "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs" - Comments on Butter's appearance.
- "Bass to Mouth" - Appears with Mr. Mackey and Principal Victoria in attempting to prevent further suicides occurring at the school. Second major role since Season Three episode "Tweek vs. Craig".
- "Tonsil Trouble" - (cameo)
- "Elementary School Musical" - (cameo)
- "201" - (cameo)
- "It's a Jersey Thing"
- "Mysterion Rises" - Shown as a member of the Cult of Cthulhu.
- "Reverse Cowgirl" - Appears on one of the bathroom screens sitting on the toilet.
- "Butterballs" - Seen in showing Grandma Stotch where the women's restroom is.
- "Sarcastaball" - Leading the PTA meeting with Mr. Mackey and Principal Victoria.
- "A Scause For Applause" - Seen in the background while Jesus Christ gives his speech.
- "Taming Strange" - In the school staff meeting about the flawed IntelliLink system.
- "Gluten Free Ebola" - In the school staff meeting about Butters Stotch burning down the school gymnasium.
- "Stunning and Brave - (cameo)
- "Where My Country Gone?" - Appears near the beginning, talking with Mr. Garrison.
- "The City Part of Town"
- "Naughty Ninjas" -
- "PC Principal Final Justice"- Seen at the gun show.
- "Skank Hunt" - Seen at the school assembly.
- "The Damned" - Seen at Skeeter's Wine Bar.
Adler makes an appearance in the game as a minor character. He remains in the Community Center during the entire game.
|South Park Elementary Staff|
|Richard Adler | Ms. Claridge | Mr. Derp | Mr. Garrett | Mr. Mackey | Mr. Meryl | Mrs. Nelson | Mrs. Streibel | Mr. Venezuela | Mr. Wyland | Pearl | Recess Supervisor | Girls' Volleyball Coach | P.C. Principal|
|Chef | Mr. Conners | Ms. Choksondik | Ms. Crabtree | Ms. Ellen | Mr. Garrison | Mr. Marsh | Mr. Slave | Ms. Stevenson | Principal Victoria|