At age 4, Stan was part of the team. During a "crucial" match, he failed to score an open goal that would have won them the match. Stan didn't really care, but his father was convinced that this was a formative experience which Stan had yet to live down.
Years later, after losing his job as a paperboy, Stan is forced to coach the team to pay back the money he owes. He quickly learns that, being comprised of six-year olds, the team was pretty terrible at hockey. He also learns that the very survival of one team member, Nelson Brown, who had cancer, was entirely contingent on the team's winning the next match.
The team later draws a match against the Adams County Pee-Wee Hockey Team, leaving Nelson in a state of "cancer limbo". Set on winning the next match for Nelson, Stan brings a Canadian, Ike Broflovski, onto the team, in preparation for their next big match against the Denver Pee-Wee Hockey Team.
However, at the match itself, it turns out that the other Pee-Wee hockey team never showed up. Instead, the Colorado Avalanche allows them to take their place in their match against the Detroit Red Wings. The kindergarteners are brutally beaten by the Red Wings and ultimately lose 32 - 2.
As a result of their loss, Nelson loses hope and dies.
List of Team Members
Note: All members listed are non-contemporaneous.
- Coach - Stan Marsh - First as a team member at age 4 (#7), later as a coach at age 9.
- #2 - Ike Broflovski - Is brought on to replace Nelson.
- #3 - ? - The black haired kid.
- #6 - Morgan - The brown haired kid with part of his hair in front of his eyes.
- #7 - ? - The red haired kid.
- #8 - ? - The other brown haired kid.
- #10 - ? - The blonde kid.
- #13 - Nelson Brown - Is unable to play due to his cancer, later dies after the loss to the Detroit Red Wings.
- #15 - ? - The goalie of the team, who has lightbrown hair and is a little bit fatter than the other kids.
The Park County uniform consists of a green helmet, white jerseys, and green gloves. Their gear is of the brand CLK.
All quotes are from "Stanley's Cup":
- #8 to Stan: "Coach, I have to go potty."
- #15: "My mommy said I'm as big as the sky!"
- Nelson: "I don't wanna have cancer!"
- #10: "Are we gonna get cancer if we play with Nelson, Coach?"
- #6: "Coach, please don't let us lose to Adams County. My daddy will beat me again."
- #7: "They look pretty strong, coach. I think Nelson's gonna die for sure."
- #3: "In the movies, they always go out and find a kid who's really good to join the team."
- #6 to Stan: "I hate you, Coach. I hate you."