Mr. Twig was introduced as Herbert Garrison's Teaching Assistant at the end of the episode "Summer Sucks", when Garrison couldn't find Mr. Hat. He wasn't very popular with the students, who continually asked when Mr. Hat was going to come back. He continued being the teaching assistant until the episode "Chef Aid", where someone/something was trying to assassinate Mr. Twig.
After getting busted out of jail by Mr. Hat, Mr. Garrison had to choose between Mr. Hat or Mr. Twig. In his only speaking role, Mr. Twig goes on to tell Mr. Garrison to "Run to him.", him being Mr. Hat. He then says in a French accent, "Love isn't a decision, it's a feeling. If we could decide who we love, it would be much simpler, but much less magical." Mr. Garrison then discards Mr. Twig and he is never seen or mentioned again.
Mr. Twig is a twig that wears a purple shirt with a pink triangle on its right side.
- Mr. Twig's shirt features a symbol, which has been historically used to represent homosexuality. It was used in Nazi concentration camp badges to identify male prisoners who were sent there because of their homosexuality. The badge worn by prisoners was a downward pointing pink triangle. Today, the pink triangle symbol has been reclaimed, it is used inverted as an international symbol of the gay pride and gay rights movement. The use of this symbol on Mr. Twig's shirt, is most likely a reference to Mr. Garrison's closeted homosexuality as seen throughout Season Two.
- "Summer Sucks" - Mr. Garrison introduces him to the other residents of South Park.
- "Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls" - Seen with Garrison.
- "Roger Ebert Should Lay off the Fatty Foods - Seen with Garrison.
- "Clubhouses" - Gives Stan advice.
- "Chef Aid" - Mr. Garrison says goodbye to him upon finding Mr. Hat.
Mr. Twig can be found in the sewers, as a junk item. His description jokingly says he's out of work. He has no other role in the game and thus cannot be befriended unlike Mr. Hat.
|Mr. Garrison's Teaching Assistants|