His first major appearance is in "The Jeffersons", where he receives a fax about Michael Jefferson possibly being in town and relays it to Sergeant Yates. In "Eek, A Penis!", he is also shown to be a sketch artist, drawing Mickey Mouse with an erect penis based on Mrs. Garrison's description of the penis-mouse. In "The China Probrem", he is shown to be a fan of the Indiana Jones franchise, agreeing to help the boys press charges and pursue the case against George Lucas and Steven Spielberg.
Mitch is normally seen wearing a blue shirt with braces and a tie. He has a holster containing a stainless Smith and Wesson 5900-series pistol with wood grips (as does his partner Harrison Yates, indicating this is most likely the standard issue duty sidearm for South Park PD) and on the other side of his shirt, his badge. He wears black trousers and has greyish-brown hair. Despite this, he seems to generally be portrayed as a young man.
He is shown to be worried for Yates in "Butters' Bottom Bitch" when Yates goes undercover against prostitution, but is unable to speak with him.
- "Lil' Crime Stoppers" (cameo)
- "AWESOM-O" (cameo)
- "The Jeffersons"
- "Cartman's Incredible Gift" - Works with his partner to catch a serial killer.
- "Free Willzyx" (cameo)
- "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" (cameo)
- "Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy"
- "Cartman Sucks" (cameo)
- "Britney's New Look" (cameo) - Seen taking photos of Britney Spears, along with many other people.
- "Eek, A Penis!" - Upset about George Lucas and Steven Spielberg rapping Indiana Jones is in his own movie.
- "The China Probrem"
- "The Coon" (cameo)
- "Butters' Bottom Bitch"
- "Medicinal Fried Chicken" (cameo)
- "200" (cameo)
- "It's a Jersey Thing" (cameo)
- "City Sushi" (cameo)
- "Insecurity" (cameo)
- "Naughty Ninjas" - He and the other police officer refuse to enforce the law after Officer Barbrady is fired.
- "PC Principal Final Justice"- Seen in the crowd of people standing in front of the Whole Foods Market.