Memberberries are sentient fruit first used by Mr. Mackey in his office. Later, Stephen Stotch shows them to Randy Marsh. In "Member Berries", they were introduced by J.J. Abrams when the U.S. Representatives implore him to reboot the national anthem by saying, "We need your memberberries!"
Their main function is to remember pop culture icons, bringing about nostalgic feelings for the supposed good times of the past. Most commonly, they bring up memorable moments and elements from the original Star Wars trilogy.
However, they also make homophobic and racist comments, such as remembering when marriage was only between a man and a woman, when there weren't so many Mexicans, and Ronald Reagan.
In "Fort Collins " they seem to be aware of their surroundings as they were seeing a normal memberberry experimented on. They flee from the Marsh household and hold another memberberry hostage with them and throw in Caitlyn Jenner's drink.
They are also seemingly indestructible as one was seen burned by a torch, acid, and electrified with little to no effects. However, they can be squished and eaten.
They appear as normal-looking grapes with faces on each piece and speak in a very high-pitched voice. One memberberry named Tubbs is much bigger than the others and speaks in a lower-pitched voice. Furthermore there are three old-looking memberberries.
The memberberries are the physical manifestation of the idiom "sour grapes", used to refer to a negative attitude to something because they cannot have it themselves.
At first, they appear to only remember pop culture from the 80's and 90's, mostly Star Wars, but they are shown to have a darker side also remembering homophobic and racist ideologies from those decades.
Starting in "Fort Collins", they are shown to be more aware of Randy and Mr. Garrison's attempts on destroying their entire species, and a group consisting of 5 (later 6) memberberries escape the Marsh household, setting off to kill another memberberry by dropping it off into Caitlyn Jenner's drink. The memberberry doesn't show signs of pleading for mercy, as it says "That's okay, I 'member!" before being dropped into the drink. Judging by this, the memberberries are fine with death just as long as they'll be eaten.
Though a group of elderly Memberberries seem to want everyone to remember about the violent times in history like the German WW I Stormtroopers.
- "Member Berries" - Seen being eaten by Randy Marsh and Mr Mackey.
- "Skank Hunt" - Mr. Mackey is seen enjoying them, until Scott Malkinson frantically enters Mackey's office.
- "The Damned" – Seen as an ingredient in a pie as well as whole fruits.
- "Wieners Out" – Overheard in a man's shirt pocket, and the man squishes them.
- "Douche and a Danish" - Seen blamed for society's want for Mr. Garrison to become president.
- "Fort Collins" - Seen getting Caitlyn Jenner to eat a Member berry: a gang of memberberries escapes from Randy's house and takes a hostage memberberry with them. They kill their hostage by pushing him off the shelf of a bar into Caitlyn Jenner's martini.
- "Oh, Jeez" - Seen as vomit, when people throw up to "infect" others.
- "Members Only" - Seen at their private club, and then going to the White House to have a party. Then a group of elderly Memberberries appear and shot the leader of the gang and wants everyone to remember about the German Stormtroopers.
- "The End of Serialization as We Know It" - Seen standing in formation in the Oval Office.
|Minor Characters from Season Twenty|
|Anonymous821 | Anthony Webster | Boris Johnson | Cher | Dave Beckett | Dildo Shwaggins | Dr. Wayne Schroeder | Eduardo Hernandez | Elon Musk | Freja Ollegard | Heidi | J.J. Abrams | Lennart Bedrager | Memberberries | PurpleHeadedQueefLicker | Skankhunt42 | Steve Bannon | SuperSexyLisa18|