South Park has made several references to the Rankin and Bass
- Frosty is based on the Rankin/Bass Christmas special Frosty the Snowman.
- The Mailman narrator who is singing song with the children is a parody of the Rankin/Bass Santa Claus is Coming to Town.
- Peetie the Sexual Harassment Panda being exiled to the Island of Misfit Mascots is a parody of The Island of Misfit Toys, a location in the Rankin/Bass Christmas Special, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
- Much of the plot, as well as the song "Even a Miracle Needs a Hand" come from the 1974 Rankin-Bass special Twas the Night Before Christmas.
- The children's faces upon receiving gifts are a direct homage to Rankin/Bass Christmas specials.
- The song "Lemmiwinks vs. Wikileaks" is a parody of the "Goblin Town" theme from the Rankin/Bass production of The Hobbit.