- For other uses, see Kevin (disambiguation).
Kevin Stoley is a member of the boys' class. Kevin's debut was in South Park's first episode, "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe". Kevin was a nameless, tertiary character who served little purpose in the show and shown in the background on multiple occasions, however, he had his first speaking role in "Conjoined Fetus Lady", where he was referred to as Kevin by Stan, and, despite being depicted as white, he was revealed to be Chinese-American. Kevin's most notable trait is his Star Wars obsession, seen in both "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" and again in "Fatbeard". Kevin is described by Trey Parker as the kid who is "always screwing up the whole show".
He is first referred to by name in "An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig" by Mr. Garrison as "Casey", but is referred to by Stan in "Conjoined Fetus Lady" as "Kevin". After that, he has consistently been referred to as "Kevin". Some fans originally reconciled this by calling him "Kevin C.", but during the thirteenth season, the character Kevin Stoley was referred to off-screen in "Fishsticks" and revealed later in "Fatbeard" to be Kevin. Also, in "Lice Capades", when Cartman was attempting to reenact the blood test scene from The Thing, one of the blood containers was labelled "Kevin", confirming that is his name. He is often referred to as "Kevin C. Stoley" to reconcile these differences. In "My Future Self n' Me", it was vaguely hinted that his last name was "Brooks", as his parents were referred to as Mr and Mrs Brooks, however, since, he has not been called that name but is officially known as Kevin Stoley. In the ancient scripts of South Park, Kevin was referred to as "Sky", clearly because of the color of his jacket, which is light blue.
Kevin wears a sky-blue jacket with a red collar, red gloves, and dark blue trousers. His hair is black, and the style is similar to that of Stan's. The light blue color of his jacket explains why in the ancient scripts he was written as "Sky". He is supposed to be of Chinese descent, but he appears not to have the "slanted" eyes stereotype featured in many of the Asians in the show. This is likely because he was conceived in America, and so appears as a Caucasian. It is also possible he is only half-Chinese, presumably with a Chinese mother and American father, as Stoley is not a typical Chinese name. This backs up Chef's statement in "Conjoined Fetus Lady" that people should not be teased or discriminated on account of their race or religion, but that it's okay to tease people on account of their nationality. Trey Parker's original script for "Conjoined Fetus Lady" refers to him as looking like "any other kid, except he has black hair." However, his parents as seen in "My Future Self n' Me" and "T.M.I." do not look Chinese, and the episode "City Sushi" implies Tuong Lu Kim and Junichi Takiyama to be the only Asian people in the town, although Lu Kim is later revealed to not in fact be Chinese. In "The List", Kevin is ranked #9 on the rigged list for the cutest boys, created by the girls.
Kevin's personality is little-known, but he is known for his Star Wars obsession, which he consistently annoys other characters (mainly Cartman) with - in "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" he is wearing a Stormtrooper mask while meeting with the other children in their Lord of the Rings outfits, and in "Fatbeard" he brings along a green lightsaber instead of a sword as a member of Cartman's pirate crew. Kevin also has a tendency to ruin the moment for the other children, usually with a Star Wars reference. This will usually exasperate his classmates, but Cartman in particular, who will often respond with, "Kevin, god damn it." or "Kevin, Jesus Christ." An example is in South Park: The Stick of Truth, where he references Star Trek in an in irrelevant situation, "Let us charge our shields and use photon torpedoes to vaporize the Klingons!" and Cartman responds, "Kevin, god damn it, every fucking time Kevin, god fucking damn it seriously." This could imply that Kevin isn't only a fan of Star Wars, but movies in the sci-fi genre. In the entire "Black Friday" trilogy, he plays "Spock" from Star Trek, and in The Stick of Truth he is also seen in the same attire. There is a possibility that gaming might be one of Kevin's hobbies, in "Best Friends Forever" Kevin was lined up outside a shop to get a Playstation Portable, with several other children. Also, in "Make Love, Not Warcraft", it is shown that he is trying to help defeat the high levelled player, though it is impossible to tell which character he is playing as. It would not be odd if Kevin liked gaming, as he loves Star Wars. It was mentioned in "Conjoined Fetus Lady" by Kevin that he's from America but his parents are from China.
The BrooksIn "My Future Self n' Me", a couple known as the Brooks hire a man vaguely resembling the Kevin character (who has the same sky-blue/red color scheme and similar hairstyle) to keep their son out of drugs by using him as a "future self" decoy. Although the child is referred to as Kevin, it is unsure if "Kevin Brooks" and Kevin were intended to be the same character as the animators tend to reuse similar-looking models for different characters. The same parents reappear in "200" and "201" in crowd scenes and with the other parents in "T.M.I." which seems to confirm them as Kevin's parents. These characters are called into question as Kevin himself is never seen with them. As seen with characters like Jimmy Valmer, Clyde Donovan, and Token Black, Parker and Stone have been known to change or forget characters' last names, meaning these could be Kevin's parents and his name was originally Brooks, but later changed to Stoley.
In South Park: The Stick of Truth, the player can visit the Stoley Residence and see a picture of Kevin with parents different than those seen in "My Future Self n' Me".
Kevin's exact relationships/friendships are virtually unknown due to him only making a handful of speaking appearances, and he is implied to be unpopular, but in "Insheeption" he is shown sitting at lunch with the main boys and there are a few characters he is particularly often seen with in the background.
During early seasons, Kevin and her were often animated together, sitting together at lunch for most of the first four seasons including during Damien Thorn's attack in "Damien" and in "Sexual Harassment Panda" they trade sandwiches. They're also seen together in crowd scenes, talking in "Gnomes" before class starts, at the movies together, and holding hands while singing together during "Kyle's Mom is a Bitch" in South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut. During "Hooked on Monkey Fonics" he is seen alone at the dance near her while she dances with Token. However, since the first four seasons the two only occasionally appear together in newer episodes such as "Lice Capades", and arguably, "Fatbeard". They were together on Wendy's debate team in "Chef Goes Nanners", Red was also one of the girls hitting on him in "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset". It is unknown if they are still friends.
During Seasons 9 to 13, after the lunch room was re-designed, Kevin was usually seen eating and talking with Bradley in a table near the cafeteria doors, and in "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society", along with Francis and Timmy. They are also seen together in "Lice Capades", where they are the two boys who hold back Kenny during his trial, as well as being the ones to remove his hood. When Bradley was formally introduced in the "Coon 2: Hindsight" story arc, his given personality was also similar to Kevin's - in fact, a Star Wars-esque poster is seen in Bradley's bedroom.
Kevin is seen hanging around with Timmy, Bradley, and Francis in "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society" and later is seen talking with Timmy, along with Jimmy and Pip, in "South Park is Gay!" The two have seldom been seen together since, but it is of note Timmy's special character design causes him to rarely be seen in the background
Like everyone else in the school, Kevin probably despises Cartman, however he has never shown it and has actually aided him on a few occasions. Cartman is indifferent to Kevin most of the time. He had no qualms about accepting Cartman as a leader on numerous occasions, meaning either he is a person who likes to follow orders more than give them, is too passive to fight back, or he trusts Cartman to some extent. In "Fatbeard" Cartman calls the pirate crew meeting at his house, with Kevin expressing surprise. It's unknown if Kevin joined the pirate crew by choice. Cartman is annoyed by Kevin's love of Star Wars, as shown in "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers". However, in "Tweek x Craig" Cartman is seen hugging Kevin which may suggest them being friends
- Out of the three other characters named Kevin, Kevin Stoley is the only one who continues to appear consistently.
- Kevin appears in the hallway, during the field trip in "200" and at lunch in "Insheeption" and "Crème Fraiche" but never in the classroom in the fourteenth season.
- Kevin looks very similar to Esther.
- Matt and Trey describe Kevin in the commentary for "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers". They cite him as "always ruining the show" for the other children.
- Kevin suffers from motion sickness, which is seen in "Fatbeard".
- There is a background character that looks almost identical to Kevin, except he has brown hair.
Despite having played a major role in only one episode, "Fatbeard", Kevin has recurred as a background character of South Park since Season One, and he has had several speaking roles, his first being in "Conjoined Fetus Lady".
Kevin is abundantly seen in the background of Mr. Garrison's classroom, however this is not the case in Season Fourteen, though he can still be seen in the hallways and in the canteen, or in the playground. During the Seventeenth Season, Kevin's role as a background character arguably changes to a supporting character, as he is seen consistently in episodes "Black Friday", "A Song of Ass and Fire", and "Titties and Dragons".
- "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe " - Kevin's first appearance.
- "Weight Gain 4000 " - Seen in the classroom, and portrays a pioneer attacking the Native Americans in Mr. Garrison's play.
- "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride" - Seen in coach Chef's football practice with Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Clyde, and is a bystander in the football game.
- "An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig" - No lines, but is seen giving his science project, a weed; referred to as "Casey".
- "Death" - Seen in the classroom and in the canteen standing beside the four boys.
- "Starvin' Marvin" - Seen in Mr. Garrison's classroom.
- "Mr Hankey, the Christmas Poo" - He is seen singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". He is in the fourth column of the second row. Kevin is also seen numerous times throughout the episode, and sings Kyle's Mom is a Bitch with the other children.
- "Damien" - Seen in Damien's Tornado.
- "Tom's Rhinoplasty" - Enamored with Ms. Ellen along with the other boys. He is sat in the front row of seats instead of behind Cartman, as he usually does.
- "Mecha Streisand" - Contributes to an archeological dig.
- "Chickenlover" - Seen in the classroom behind Cartman as usual.
- "Ike's Wee Wee" - Laughing with the others when Stan, Kyle and Cartman mock Mr. Mackey in the background of Mr. Garrisons classroom.
- "Conjoined Fetus Lady"- First speaking role, Stan identifies him as Chinese.
- "The Mexican Staring Frog of Southern Sri Lanka" - Seen in the background of Mr. Garrison's class.
- "City on the Edge of Forever (Flashbacks) " - Sits next to Kenny on the bus.
- "Summer Sucks" - Seen in Mr. Garrison's classroom when Mr. Hat goes missing, and takes part in the school band performance.
- "Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls" - Sitting with other students in Mr. Garrison's class.
- "Roger Ebert Should Lay Off the Fatty Foods" - Seen sitting in the background of Mr. Garrison's class, and jumping up and down on the bus to the planetarium. Inside the planetarium he is sat near Bebe. On the bus from the planetarium he is sat next to Red. Back in class he is also seen laughing at Kenny's haiku with the other children.
- "Clubhouses" - Passing Bebe's note with Butters and Fosse.
- "Chef Aid" - Seen eating lunch with Red in the canteen.
- "Merry Christmas Charlie Manson!": He was in the Nebraska mall turning on Mr. Hankey with the other children.
- "Gnomes" - Chats with Red in front of the class before sitting down.
- "Rainforest Shmainforest" - Seen sitting down in the background of Mr. Garrison's classroom.
- "The Succubus" - Seen in Mr. Garrison's classroom.
- "Sexual Harassment Panda" - Trades sandwiches with Red.
- South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut - Seen as a member of La Resistance.
- "Tweek vs. Craig" - Seen in shop class. Watches Tweek and Craig's fight.
- "Chinpokemon" - Kevin is seen holding a Chinpokomon doll at the toy store. He is also seen in Mr. Garrison's class acting Japanese like the others.
- "Hooked on Monkey Fonics" - A participant in the spelling bee. At the dance he can be seen looking sad, possibly because Red is dancing with Token.
- "Starvin' Marvin in Space" - Seen sitting in the classroom.
- "World Wide Recorder Concert" - Practices flute with the rest of Mr. Garrison's class. He sits next to Clyde on the bus to Little Rock.
- "The Tooth Fairy's Tats 2000" - Sits with Red in the canteen, and can be seen exchanging apples with her.
- "Cartman's Silly Hate Crime 2000" - Makes several cameos in the episode.
- "Timmy 2000" - Seen in the background of Mr. Garrison's class. He also appears in The Lords of the Underworld concert, cheering for Timmy.
- "Cartman Joins NAMBLA"
- "Cherokee Hair Tampons" - Seen in Mr. Garrison's class.
- "Chef Goes Nanners" - Seen on Wendy's debate team.
- "Do the Handicapped Go to Hell?" - Kevin and Wendy recieve a pamphlet from Stan.
- "Probably" - Makes a few cameos in the episode.
- "Fourth Grade" - Seen in the hallways, and in Cartman's 'flashbacks' of fourth grade. He goes with the rest of the class to find a time machine.
- "Trapper Keeper" - Sits next to Clyde on the bus to school. Seen in the classroom.
- "Fat Camp" - Seen in the classroom and sitting with Red in the canteen.
- "The Wacky Molestation Adventure" - Dancing at the party held in Kyle's house.
- "It Hits the Fan" - Seen in Mr. Garrison's class.
- "Scott Tenorman Must Die" - Seen in Cartman's assemble, where Cartman tries to get the class to assist him in his vengence against Scott. Kevin is also one of many to witness Cartman's villainous revenge.
- "Terrance and Phillip: Behind the Blow"
- "Cartmanland" - In Cartman's new theme park, Kevin can be seen bumping into Cartman in a bumper car.
- "Proper Condom Use" - He goes along to the Pharmacy with the other boys to purchase condoms. He also lights a molotov coctail with another boy that destroys the girls fort.
- "Osama Bin Laden Has Farty Pants" - Seen in the school bus wearing a gas mask. He is also seen in the classroom as usual.
- "How to Eat with Your Butt"
- "The Entity"
- "Here Comes The Neighborhood"
- "Kenny Dies" - Cameo in the classroom.
- "Fun with Veal" - Attends to the farm field trip.
- "Professor Chaos" - Seen in the classroom
- "Red Hot Catholic Love" - One of the boys watching Cartman excreting through his mouth.
- "Child Abduction is Not Funny" - Seen leaving with the other children.
- "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society" - Wants to see where Bebe is, with Bradley, Francis and Timmy.
- "Child Abduction is Not Funny" - Seen leaving with the other children.
- "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" - Dressed as a Stormtrooper instead of a Lord of the Rings character.
- "The Death Camp of Tolerance" - Seen in Mr. Garrison's classroom.
- "Toilet Paper" - Seen molding clay with Butters and Francis in art class.
- "I'm a Little Bit Country" - Seen in Mr. Garrison's classroom and running out of school with the others who are pretending to be protesting the war. He is seen in a group with Butters, Token and Annie when assigned to figure out an opinion on the Founders' view of the war.
- "Fat Butt and Pancake Head" - In the background of the cultural diversity event where Kyle gives a presentation. He is also seen looking out of the window when Butters claims to see Jennifer Lopez.
- "Lil' Crime Stoppers" - Seen in the background of Mr. Garrison's class.
- "South Park is Gay!" - Part of the metrosexual fad, seen talking to Timmy, Jimmy and Pip from behind.
- "Grey Dawn"
- "Casa Bonita" - Seen shutting his locker in the hallway
- "All About Mormons" - Makes several appearances throughout the episode.
- "Butt Out" - Seen in the school assembly feauring Butt Out.
- "Raisins" - On the opposite football team of Stan. Makes an extremely brief cameo in the hallway. He is also seen in the Raisins restaurant with another boy. At the end of the episode he is seen on Craig's football team again.
- "Up the Down Steroid" - Seen in the class photo on the wall.
- "AWESOM-O" - Seen laughing at Cartman's Britney Spears video with everyone else.
- "The Jeffersons" - Seen at Stark's Pond and The Jefferson's house.
- "Douche and Turd" - Seen at the school assembly. Also seen in the background of Mr. Garrison's class. He appears celebrating Stan's decision to vote Turd Sandwich with other residents of South Park.
- "Quest for Ratings" - Seen in the background with Bradley.
- "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset" - Gets invited to the whore party. At the party he can be seen being chased by one of the 'whores'.
- "Cartman's Incredible Gift" - A spectator at Cartman's attempt to fly, standing near Francis.
- "Woodland Critter Christmas" - Seen in Mr. Garrison's classroom when Cartman is reading his Christmas story to the class.
- "Best Friends Forever" - Lined up outside the shop to get a PSP.
- "Wing" - Seen eating lunch in the background
- "The Losing Edge" - Seen as part of the baseball team.
- "The Death of Eric Cartman" - Kevin can be seen in the playground standing beside the swings. He also ignores Eric with the rest of the boys.
- "Erection Day" - In the background of Mr. Garrison's class. Also seen laughing in the background in Jimmy's dream.
- "Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow" - Seen walking into school along side the boy with a red scarf. He also follows Butters to watch the news about the cause of flood with the other children
- "Marjorine" - References the movie Juawanna Man.
- "Ginger Kids" - Seen eating in the background of the canteen. It's hard to tell whether he is sitting with someone or not. Kevin is also one of of the kids to be abducted by the gingers, he is in the same cage as Stan and Kyle.
- "Smug Alert" - At Kyle's going away party, held in Cartman's house, Kevin can be seen talking to Mark, and then Red and Heidi.
- "Cartoon Wars Part I" - Seen running into the community centre looking frightened, and then pitches a tent with someone who is presumably his father. He is seen in the background of Mr. Garrison's classroom.
- "Manbearpig" - Seen in the school assembly.
- "Make Love, Not Warcraft" - One of the boys who plays World of Warcraft, and logs in with all the other boys attempting to get rid of the high level player.
- "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" - Seen passing through the hallways. Has a cameo in the classroom.
- "Go God Go" - Seen in class whilst Mr. Garrison is teaching evolution, and also makes other brief cameos.
- "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson"
- "Cartman Sucks"
- "Lice Capades" - One of the boys to get his head checked and later holds Kenny during his trial.
- "The Snuke"
- "Fantastic Easter Special" - Queued up to see the Easter Bunny.
- "Night of the Living Homeless"
- "Le Petit Tourette"- Seen in the classroom.
- "Guitar Queer-O" - Seen on the couch with Cartman at Stan's house, whilst watching Stan and Kyle play on Guitar Hero.
- "The List" - Seen in the background of the canteen, eating with Bradley. He was ranked #9 on the corrupted cute boys list.
- "Tonsil Trouble" - Watches the fight between Cartman and Kyle.
- "Major Boobage" - Seen in class and watches Kenny and Kyle's dad fighting in the sandpit.
- "Canada on Strike" - Seen in the school assembly.
- "Eek, A Penis!" - Seen at the end with all the other students, when Mr. Garrison returns to school after having a penis transplant.
- "Super Fun Time" - Seen with the rest of the class in the final scene.
- "Breast Cancer Show Ever" - Watches the fight between Wendy and Cartman.
- "Pandemic" - Seen walking with a woman (most likely his mum or a relative) outside The Big Deal.
- "Elementary School Musical" - Seen sitting with Bradley in the canteen, and dancing in the musicals. He is also seen part of the basketball team.
- "The Ungroundable" - Seen playing Call of Duty: World at War while in computer class. He is also seen in the background on the playground and at the assembly while the goth kids are giving their speech and clapping at the end.
- "The Ring" - Sitting in the canteen on the same table as Bradley and passing in the hallways as Kenny runs whooping. He is also seen talking to Bradley in the hallway.
- "The Coon" - Seen bored whilst watching Cartman's Coon presentation. Later in the episode he is talking to a boy with blonde hair in the hallway. He is also one of the suspects on Professor Chaos's Mysterion suspects poster.
- "Eat, Pray, Queef" - Seen walking out of class.
- "Fishsticks" - First use of 'Stoley'. He can be seen eating with Bradley in the canteen.
- "Pinewood Derby" - A participant in the annual state Pinewood Derby.
- "Fatbeard" - Kevin's first major role, a member of Cartman's pirate crew. He also had the pirate meeting held at his house (organized by Cartman without his permission).
- "Butters' Bottom Bitch" - Watches Cartman picking on Butters, and congratulates him with the rest of the boys when he recieves his first kiss from Sally Darson. He is also seen talking to Jason in the playground, and later near the sheds he is talking to Craig.
- "The F Word"
- "Dances with Smurfs"
- "Sexual Healing"
- "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs"
- "200" - Seen in the field trip.
- "Poor and Stupid" - Walks past Cartman while he is crying.
- "Insheeption" - Sits on the same table as the main boys.
- "Crème Fraiche" - Seen in the lunch line in the cafeteria at school.
- "Funnybot" - Given a paper handout from Jimmy and attends the annual comedy awards show, looking bored with the rest of the children. He makes several other cameos throughout the episode.
- "Royal Pudding"
- "T.M.I." - Sat on the main boys table. His name can be seen on the bulletin board where the school posts the kid's penis sizes.
- "Ass Burgers" - Seen briefly on the bus.
- "The Poor Kid"
- "Reverse Cowgirl" - Seen in the background of Mr. Garrison's class.
- "Cash For Gold" - Seen in the background on the playground, playing with the boy with a red scarf on the slide.
- "Faith Hilling" - Seen in the memeing class with the other 4th Grade students.
- "Jewpacabra" - Seen at the Easter egg hunt.
- "Butterballs" - Seen in the background in the cafeteria and in the hallways.
- "Cartman Finds Love" - Seen in the background in the school's hallways.
- "Sarcastaball" - Seen playing Sarcastaball with other boys.
- "Raising the Bar" - Seen in the hall waiting to use the boys bathroom.
- "A Scause For Applause" - Seen in the background in the school hallways.
- "Informative Murder Porn"
- "World War Zimmerman" - Seen in the hallway walking with a boy with brown hair and an orange shirt, and seen in the classroom.
- "Taming Strange"- Seen in the classroom sitting in his desk by the door when the IntelliLink repairman walks in.
- "Ginger Cow" - Seen with the group looking at the ginger cow.
- "Black Friday" - Seen playing as "Spock" from "Star Trek". He also speaks in this episode, as the Captain of the Vessel with some other kids dressing up as Star Trek characrers, and when on Facetime with Cartman (who calls them dorks).
- "A Song of Ass and Fire" - Still potrayed as "Spock", he is holding up the throne with Cartman on with Clyde.
- "Titties and Dragons"
- "The Hobbit"
- "Gluten Free Ebola" - Seen in the hallway when the boys return to school.
- "The Cissy" - Seen in the school hallway.
- "Sponsored Content"- Seen in the hallway.
Kevin Stoley appears in the game as a minor character. He can be found in his bedroom, where he gives the player a side quest which requires finding his dad's iPad. He is also recruited by the humans and elves to participate in the siege on Clyde's fortress, where he once again ruins the moment with a Star Trek reference.
- ↑ ""South Park" Conjoined Fetus Lady (TV episode 1998)". IMDb.com.
- ↑ "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers Commentary". youtube.com.
- ↑ "FAQ - South Park Studios". southparkstudios.com.