- For other uses, see Jimmy (disambiguation).
Jimmy Valmer, formerly Jimmy Swanson, is a male fourth grader. He is voiced by Trey Parker. Originally created as a one time character for "Cripple Fight" as a rival for Timmy Burch, he quickly became a fan favorite and plays a supporting role in many episodes. He also became good friends with Timmy and is less of a rival to him.
Like Timmy, the humor of Jimmy's character comes from his endless optimism despite his handicap. His disability is not mocked; rather his exaggerated eagerness to be a successful "handi-capable" person. Jimmy's role has recently been expanded, bringing him more screen time and giving his character more depth. In "Professor Chaos", he's one of the final 10 chosen to be their fourth member, but ultimately he is not picked (for trying too hard and being a sycophant). In later seasons, he is shown hanging with Craig's Gang.
He is generally a popular and gifted student at school; he is moral and knows how to be a friend. However, he is foul-mouthed and very competitive; he took steroids just to win the Special Olympics. He and Timmy also competed against Christopher Reeve in "Krazy Kripples."
He likes to perform stand-up comedy in the style of Jay Leno (often starting jokes with "Have you seen this?" or "Have you heard about this?"), but he is often criticized for his jokes, although everyone considered them hilarious in "Cripple Fight". When finishing a joke, even if there's only one person listening to him, and no matter what their reaction to the joke, he will usually say "Wow, what a great audience!".
Jimmy seems to be good at fighting. In the episode "Cripple Fight" he and Timmy engage in a fistfight that is, shot-for-shot, nearly identical to the fistfight scene in the John Carpenter 1980's science fiction film They Live. Timmy and Jimmy become friends in subsequent episodes. Jimmy seems to be the only one who can understand Timmy's limited speech.
Jimmy was using steroids in "Up the Down Steroid", and was shown developing drug-induced 'roid rage," beating up his girlfriend and threatening to kick Cartman's ass. He often uses his crutches as a weapon when fighting, as demonstrated in "Good Times with Weapons."
Jimmy's last name was uncertain; he was known as Jimmy Swanson in "Krazy Kripples," but his name was changed to "Valmer" in "Up the Down Steroid" and all subsequent episodes. This was possibly referenced in "Tsst," when Cartman told him they were best friends, Jimmy asked him "What's my last name?", a question Cartman couldn't answer.
The South Park Studios FAQ states that the names of many South Park characters, including Jimmy, have changed because the show's fast-paced production, which results in the original name occasionally being forgotten and replaced with a new one.
Jimmy wears a yellow long-sleeved shirt, blue jeans and black boots; he wears braces, has a rather lopsided face, as his eyes never move in their sockets, brown hair, and sideburns. Like Timmy, he is handicapped, but with a (far less severe form) of cerebral palsy and can still walk with the aid of crutches. They seem to hinder his arm use, as in "Something Wall-Mart This Way Comes," when he's struggling unsuccessfully to get Sharon Marsh a shopping cart.
From "Cripple Fight" through "Super Fun Time," his eyebrows were the same color as his hair. However, as of "The China Probrem," they're black just like other characters his age. He is also able to communicate with people, thоugh with a severe stutter and a Brooklyn-type accent. He sometimes ends sentences with "very much," unnecessarily.
- To see more images of Jimmy Valmer, visit Jimmy Valmer/Gallery.
Jimmy might have had sex twice. But he has at least had sex once. The first time was with Jimmy's girlfriend (who is unknown). It might have been a lie but nobody knows for sure. The second time was with a prostitute nicknamed Nut Gobbler, the reason Jimmy had sex with her was because he kept getting erections and Butters told him the only way to get rid of the erection was to have sex.
In the episode "Erection Day" Jimmy was afraid that he would get an erection at a school talent show so he went to Colfax Point where he picked up a prostitute nicknamed Nut Gobbler and had sex with her.
In the episode "My future self n' me" Jimmy, Token, Craig, Clyde, Kyle, Eric and Stan find marijuana and a lighter on a tree stub. They were going to throw away the drugs. But none of the boys (except for Stan) wanted to throw it away. Stan said quote "You guys those commercials are just exaggerations". Token replies "How do you know? None of us have had any drugs before". But then Jimmy said "Well, I did ecstasy once. Me and my girlfriend took it, and we stayed up all night having s-s-sex". Nobody knows if he was a lying or telling the truth. But after saying that he had sex he was asked where he had sex with her. Jimmy replied with a joke "In her v-v-vagina". The "In her vagina joke" was confirmed a joke because he smiled while saying it and after Jimmy told the joke he said "Thank you, thank you, what a terrific audience".
Despite being well-liked and generally nice (as noted by many audience members plus several characters), Jimmy does, in fact, have a criminal record. These crimes include:
Underage Vaginal Sex In "Erection Day", he has sex with a prostitute named "Nut Gobbler" with advice from Butters. As Butters said "the man puts his penis in the woman's vagina" and Jimmy said to both Red (who was known as "Bertha" in this episode) and Shauna that he "would like to stick his penis in their vagina", we can assume he and Nut Gobbler had vaginal sex
Drug Use In "Up the Down Steroid", Jimmy took steroids. While this was under the manipulation of Nathan, Jimmy could have declined, so this will also be held on Nathan's criminal record as well as Jimmy's.
In "Night of the Living Homeless", Ryan is portrayed as the Chief of the Fire Department.
Jimmy is generally portrayed as a well-liked character in the boys' circle of friends; he has never been hatefully singled-out in the school or bitterly discriminated against.
Timmy and Jimmy are frequently seen together; they'll often be in the same situation and have the same goals and will work together to achieve them. Jimmy is the dominant voice and decision-maker in the friendship, being the one who can speak.
Jimmy first entered the show in "Cripple Fight," making Timmy be jealous that Jimmy was given the attention and adoration as the "handicapped kid", a reputation that was originally his.
Timmy presumably ended his jealousy soon afterwards, as he became friendly and loyal to Jimmy in every following episode in which they were together. They often work together and look out for one another, as seen in subsequent episodes such as "Krazy Kripples" and "Up the Down Steroid".
Jimmy sometimes calls Timmy "Tim Tim" in "Krazy Kripples".
Jimmy appears to be much more permissive and accepting of Cartman than most others. He's also the only character other than Butters (and most adults) to usually refer to him by his first name Eric, suggesting that Jimmy doesn't hate or strongly disrespect him. Jimmy and Butters were also the only students who attended Cartman's AIDS benefit in "Tonsil Trouble". However, he has also expressed some dislike of Cartman and has rejected him as a friend, as seen in "The Death of Eric Cartman", where Jimmy agrees to ignore him.
Based on the one-on-one interactions Butters and Jimmy have had on the show, they seem to be good friends. In "Krazy Kripples," Butters was the only person who went to see Jimmy's comedy show instead of Christopher Reeve's public appearance. In "Erection Day," Jimmy came to Butters for advice on his erection problems, expressing that Butters is the only one he can tell who won't make fun of him for it. The two were also seen sitting together at Cartman's AIDS benefit in "Tonsil Trouble". During Season Fifteen's episode "1%" Jimmy and Butters form the 99% club to protest the Presidential Fitness Test results. They stand outside and picket the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition, Colorado Division Regional Office, only the media believe they are protesting the Red Robin Restaurant. In "Funnybot," Butters is the only person in the audience who was clapping and cheering Jimmy while everybody else was asleep. In "Going Native," Butters reveals that he doesn't find Jimmy's jokes funny. In "A Nightmare on Face Time," the two are seen trick-or-treating together.
In "Fishsticks", Craig is shown to have some concern for Jimmy, giving him advice over what he should do about Cartman taking credit for his jokes, telling him, "I like you, Jimmy, but you're not gonna win this. Consider yourself lucky he's only asking for half."
Jimmy often hangs out with the boys, often filling the place of the fifth member.
Although Jimmy is part of Craig's group of friends in "Good Times with Weapons", he is shown trying to really hard to get into The Boys group in "Professor Chaos", even bribing them with a basket of gifts and begging to be chosen.Up the Down Steroid," Jimmy had a girlfriend named Nancy, whom he'd met in free period in school the previous week. He beat her up in a testosterone rush after consuming steroids and also accused her of cheating on him. He also beat up his mother when she came to defend Nancy. But Nancy still rooted for him at the Special Olympics, so it seemed like she forgave him.
In "Erection Day," Jimmy started getting erections, and in an effort to stop them in time for the talent show, he had sex with a prostitute who went by the street name Nut Gobbler, after approaching a classmate named Rebecca for sex and getting slapped and called a jerk.Erection Day". So from this, we can conclude Jimmy had a crush on Red.
- In his very first appearance in "Cripple Fight," Jimmy was intended to be a one-shot character and "didn't really live in South Park", but Trey Parker enjoyed him so much he was brought back periodically in seasons five ("How to Eat with Your Butt") and six ("Professor Chaos", "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers", and "Red Sleigh Down"), eventually becoming a regular supporting character in the seventh season.
- In the episode "Tsst," his house address is given as 1331.
- Behind Ike Broflovski, Jimmy is the second youngest kid in South Park known to have had consensual sex ("Erection Day").
- In "Crippled Summer," it's shown that, while unable to walk without crutches, he can stand on his own without any support.
- Jimmy is a Christian, and possibly a Protestant, he wasn't seen at the church in "Red Hot Catholic Love," meaning he isn't Catholic, but in "Krazy Kripples," he mentions about doing "a lock-in at the Rec Center for church".
- Jimmy was not a regular student of Garrison's class until "Le Petit Tourette," where he seemingly replaced Pip. However, Jimmy was shown to be in the class in "Goobacks," "Up the Down Steroid," "Erection Day," and "D-Yikes!".
- Jimmy tends to be more of the main character in episodes with Timmy. He slowly started to replace Timmy in season 7 and has since become a regular secondary character, whereas Timmy has been reduced to mostly background appearances starting in season 9. This may be due to speaking characters being easier to develop.
- Jimmy is usually part of the Boys' gang whenever they go past 5 or one of them is preoccupied elsewhere.
- Although he has an askew face, he isn't considered one of The Ugly Kids. The same is true for Timmy. Jimmy was ranked #10 on the girls' list of boys from cutest to ugliest, and was apparently ranked higher on the true list.
- Jimmy has spoken in every season since his introduction in Season Five.
- As of Season Seventeen, Jimmy has had a speaking role in 57 episodes.
- Jimmy most likely suffers from Pfieffer Syndrome, judging from his misshaped head and face. People who suffer Pfieffer Syndrome also tend to have underdeveloped feet and teeth, which may explain why Jimmy has crutches and braces.
- Despite having a love for stand-up comedy, Jimmy has been shown less and less to tell jokes as the show went on, although it may be because he's working on different things such as with news reports.
- In "Night of the Living Homeless" Jimmy is shown to have the abilities to play the drums as seen when he does a drumroll for Cartman to jump over a homeless guy with his skateboard.
Jimmy started off as a would-be one-off character but was reworked into an occasional gag character. He eventually became a regular supporting character and arguably the most prominent of the secondary children, receiving episodes focusing on him on a fairly regular basis.
- "Cripple Fight"
- "How to Eat with Your Butt"
- "Professor Chaos"
- "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society
- "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers"
- "My Future Self n' Me"
- "Red Sleigh Down"
- "Krazy Kripples"
- "Fat Butt and Pancake Head"
- "Casa Bonita"
- "Good Times with Weapons"
- "Something Wall-Mart This Way Comes"
- "Up the Down Steroid"
- "The Jeffersons" - Seen in the background riding the Ferris Wheel with Timmy in Mr. Jefferson's backyard.
- "Douche and Turd"
- "Quest for Ratings"
- "The Losing Edge"
- "The Death of Eric Cartman"
- "Erection Day"
- "Ginger Kids"
- "Free Willzyx" - Helps the rest of the fourth grade boys free the imprisoned whale.
- "The Return of Chef"
- "Make Love, Not Warcraft"
- "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce"
- "Hell on Earth 2006"
- "Lice Capades"
- "Guitar Queer-O"
- "The List"
- "Super Fun Time"
- "The China Probrem"
- "Breast Cancer Show Ever"
- "Elementary School Musical"
- "The Ring"
- "The Coon"
- "Eat, Pray, Queef"
- "Butters' Bottom Bitch"
- "The F Word"
- "You Have 0 Friends"
- "Crippled Summer"
- "Reverse Cowgirl" - Seen in the background of Mr. Garrison's class.
- "Faith Hilling" - Seen in the memeing class with the other 4th Grade students.
- "Butterballs" - Seen in Stan's anti-bullying video.
- "Cartman Finds Love" - Seen in the background in the school's hallways and in Mr. Garrison's classroom.
- "Sarcastaball" - Seen in the background in the locker room.
- "Raising the Bar" - Seen waiting outside to use the boys restroom.
- "Going Native" - Seen waiting for Butters outside the boys bathroom, and accused by Butters of telling jokes that aren't funny.
- "A Nightmare on Face Time" - Seen 'Trick or Treating', dressed as "Gangnam Style" for Halloween.
- "A Scause For Applause" - Seen in the background in Mr. Garrison's class.
- "Obama Wins!" - Seen playing basketball with the other boys and joins Stan and Kyle in their effort to out Cartman, for rigging the 2012 presidential election.
- "Informative Murder Porn" - Informs Stan and Kyle that his parents got past the parental block on the murder porn channels.
- "Black Friday" - Jimmy is a member of the group that wants to get PS4s on Black Friday.
- "A Song of Ass and Fire" - Jimmy is a member of the group that wants to get PS4s on Black Friday.
- "Titties and Dragons" - Jimmy was a member of the group that wanted to get PS4s on Black Friday, but apathetically got the Xbox One after watching Bill Gates kill the Sony President in the Red Robin.
- "Gluten Free Ebola" - Jimmy and the rest of the 4th grade class ostracize the boys after they left school, told everyone to "go fuck" themselves, and started a start-up company, which eventually failed, forcing them to go back to school.
- "The Magic Bush" - Jimmy, along with Token and Clyde, mock Craig over his mom's "bush".
- "Freemium Isn't Free" - Jimmy is enlisted by the Canadian government to push a freemium Terrance and Phillip mobile game on his unsuspecting friends.
- "Grounded Vindaloop" - Seen with the boys along with Token at the lunch table.
- "Cock Magic" - Jimmy compliments Stan on his girl's volleyball joke.
- "#REHASH" - Seen in Mr. Garrison's class.
Jimmy plays a small role in the storyline of South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play! and comes out at the end of the "Hell's Pass Hospital" level to inform the player that Jimbo Kern and Ned Gerblansky are in trouble at Stark's Pond, setting the stage for the next level.
Jimmy is the first character outside of the main five to make a prominent appearance.
In gameplay, he's of the same class as Stan, Butters, and Clyde, doing average damage, speed, and range, and his special ability involves using his crutches to create a small tornado and killing all enemies that he touches.
Jimmy plays an important role in South Park: The Stick of Truth, serving as a boss, and later, as a buddy and playable character. His class is Level 10 Bard. In several cutscenes, he stutters badly, and it will continue doing so for a long time, but can be skipped if the player holds down a certain button (or just chooses to wait it out).