|Ike Moisha Broflovski|
|Biological Parents||Harry and Elise Gintz|
|First||"Cartman Gets an Anal Probe"|
Sir Ike Moisha Broflovski, born Peter Gintz, first appeared in the Season One episode, "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe". Ike is Kyle Broflovski's adopted brother from Canada. Ike's voice has been provided by many children, usually relatives of show personnel due to their young-sounding voice, as described during the commentary of "Trapper Keeper". He has also been mistaken for both a Trash Can and a Table Post. Unlike other Canadians, Ike doesn't have a Canadian accent or a box shaped body, although that could be because he is so young.
Ike was adopted by Gerald and Sheila Broflovski. Ike's birth parents, Harry and Elise Gintz, (who christened Ike "Peter") gave him up for adoption because Canada had been "devastated by the Cola Wars" and thus, were unable to raise a child.
This fact was introduced after the flappy heads and beady eyes were established as Canadian traits in the world of South Park. Since Ike was designed with both, Matt and Trey decided to make Ike Canadian by birth, and therefore, adopted.
In the fourth season, it is revealed that Ike is a genius, and is sent to kindergarten early. Proof of Ike's genius is visible in many later episodes. He composes sheet music, reads John Steinbeck, and watches "The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer" every night. In South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, he expertly played the harmonica when Kyle hid him in the attic, and in "Smug Alert!", Ike finished several of Kyle's sentences when the boys tried to tell their father that he is becoming alienated from his friends. In the same episode, when offered LSD, Ike asked for "3 hits". He also once made a perfect replica of Leonardo da Vinci's "Last Supper" painting out of macaroni as a project for his Jewish camp, which completely offended his unimpressed troop leader. In "About Last Night...", he is seen helping Barack Obama and John McCain steal the Hope Diamond, as a demolition specialist and computer hacker. He can play piano very well in "Fatbeard" and seems to know how to drive a boat.
In "Stanley's Cup", the South Park Pee-Wee hockey team hires Ike to join their team based solely on the fact that he is Canadian. To the other members of the Pee-Wee team, Ike seems to be a very good player, due to the fact that he can hit pucks into the goal, while the other members can't.
Ike is at times very aware of things going on around him from trying to reconcile with his brother to auditioning for Eric Cartman's boy band and flipping Cartman off when he doesn't make the cut. Ike was also aware of how unpopular he initially was with his kindergarten classmates, who were jealous of the fact that he was admitted at only age three. However, he rallied enough support to force a tie in the election for class president, finally winning when his opponent (who was fed up with all the negotiations and meddling by his aunt Rosie O'Donnell) conceded defeat.
Ike has falsely attempted suicide twice, once in "Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy" and again in "About Last Night..." (but that was only to get to the hospital computers, when he was hired by both McCain and Obama).
In the episode "Fatbeard" Ike joins Cartman's pirate crew and goes to Somalia with him, because he grew tired of his home life. However, when he and Butters hear the story of a real Somalian pirate, who tells them they shouldn't want to be a pirate and that they should be happy with their lives in America, he wants to go home again. This is one of the first episodes where Ike's dialogue is actively coherent to the audience throughout the entire episode as opposed to nonsensical comments.
Kyle is known to punt Ike like a football after saying, "Kick the baby!", to which Ike responds, "Don't kick the (Goddamned) baby!"
Because he's a genius, Ike was accepted into kindergarten early. There, Mr. Garrison nominates him for class president, Ike's opponent being Filmore. The vote is tied, as a little classmate of theirs named "Flora" (spoofing Florida's role in the 2000 US Presidential Election) can't make up her mind and Filmore's aunt shows up to demand that Filmore be declared class president. Eventually, Filmore gives up and Ike becomes class president (to which he can only exclaim (loudly), "I pooped my pants!").
At one point, Ike has an affair with his kindergarten teacher, Ms. Stephenson, during which he lost his virginity also becoming the youngest person on the show to do so. They planned to run off to Milan (to which Ike replies, "Yay, Mulan!", confusing Milan with the Disney character Mulan). Before they left, Kyle helps him come back to his senses. As Ike and his teacher are on the roof of a hotel, they both run to the edge, but Ike skids to a stop. Ms. Stevenson doesn't, and leaps to her death.
In a plot involving his Canadian heritage, the Canadian Prime Minister, with the help of the Canadian critic (and Terrance and Phillip nemesis) Scott the Dick, passed a new law forcing Canadian parents to take back children they put up for adoption; this included Ike's birth parents. However, when the Prime Minister was revealed to be Saddam Hussein, his new laws were repealed, and Ike went back to his adopted family.
In the episode "Stanley's Cup", Ike is on a Pee-Wee hockey team coached by Stan Marsh. He joins the team simply because of the fact that he is Canadian, and thus as a stereotype must be a superior hockey player. During a practice session, he demonstrated shooting skills far beyond those of his teammates. According to Kyle, Ike was not allowed to be play because of how dangerous it was and their mother's fears, yet Stan promises that Ike will be okay. However, the team plays in place of the Colorado Avalanche since their intended Pee-Wee opponents didn't show up, and Ike, along with the other children, was injured badly by the Detroit Red Wings.
Ike can sing as well, as seen in the episodes "Something You Can Do with Your Finger" (where he auditions for the boy band) and "Erection Day" (where Ike sings 'The Yankee Doodle Boy' in the talent show).
In the episode "Canada on Strike", Ike is shown standing up for Canada and holding a sign with the words "Honk if you support Canada".
Ike has a more grown up dialogue in "Dead Celebrities", not speaking with his normal child-like voice.
Also in the episode "About Last Night..." he is the last member of Obama's team to act in their plot, by faking an injury because McCain lost, and while he was in the hospital, he performed his tasks by destroying a plane filled with decoys of the presidential candidates and hacking into the hospital's computer to type in Obama and his team deceased, showing a high level of intellect and computer skills.
In "Royal Pudding", Ike dresses up as in a school play, but is crying over the kidnapping of the Princess of Canada. Ike is shown having a Canadian Faith Box, which appears quite old. Ike may have acquired this with his birth or by his biological parents, who took him back to Canada for a short time. In the same episode, Ike is knighted by the princess after he rescues her.
According to his birth parents in "It's Christmas in Canada", Ike's birth name is Peter Gintz. In "Ike's Wee Wee", it is revealed that his full name is Ike Moisha Broflovski, as written on his grave. Ike is a nickname from the Hebrew name, Isaac.
Ike is easily recognized by his baby body, small beady eyes, the standard flopping Canadian head, and a short tuft of black hair. He wears a blue one-piece, with white ovals on the bottom of the feet area. He has also been shown wearing a green shirt with a boat on it and black shorts. It is mentioned in "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe" that he has freckles.
- To see more images of Ike Broflovski, visit Ike Broflovski/Gallery.
Ike appears to idolize his older brother. He has often tried to follow him to school as shown in "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe" and "Cancelled". He often copies the words Kyle has said, even obscenities, as shown in South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut. Conversely, one of the few examples of Ike getting angry at Kyle occurred when Kyle interrupted Ike's news program and changed the channel. Kyle has a superficial malice towards Ike, but in several episodes, most notably "Ike's Wee Wee," it's shown that Kyle does indeed love his brother. In "Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy", Ike was angry with Kyle because he tried to break up his relationship with the Kindergarten teacher. Furthermore, he is clearly heard saying, "You are dead to me, Kyle!"
Ike often tries to pronounce words, but fails. However, in the episode "Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina", he can say, "penis" and "vagina" quite clearly and in "Cancelled" he tells Kyle to "suck my balls". Despite his intelligence, Ike often replies to questions with random answers. Some of Ike's random statements are "cookie monster," "Ring Around the Rosie," "I pooped my pants," "I don't like medicine," and various nonsensical burbling. Statements like these tend to serve as catch-all phrases and non sequitur answers to questions Ike is asked. Even in a heated argument with Kyle in "Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy," Ike can clearly be heard saying, "Ring Around the Rosie!" in an angry tone.
Ike is the adopted child of Sheila and Gerald Broflovski, they have been shown to love him very much, becoming extremely upset when he was taken back to Canada in "It's Christmas in Canada". He seems to love them as well, originally not wanting to go back to Canada.
Harry and Elise are Ike's birth parents. In "It's Christmas in Canada", they are shown to love Ike very much, however, this love is one-sided; Ike doesn't seem to love them back.
Ike is the younger, adopted brother of Kyle. He seems to idolize Kyle, copying his words and actions. They have had falling outs before, however, as of recent seasons, they seem to be on good terms.
- Ike: "Fags!" (referring to Harley-Davidson riders who interrupted his xylophone playing in "The F Word")
- Ike: "Don't kick the baby!"
- Ike: "You're dead to me!"
- Ike: "I thought I was your brother" (in the episode "The Entity")
- Ike: "I don't like medicine!"
- Ike: "I said 'You're dead to me' Kyle" (this quote marks the start of Ike's dialogue becomes more actively coherent. Episode: Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy)
- Ike: "Boom baby!" (in the episode "About Last Night...")
- Ike: "Stop being a dick, Scott!" (in the season 15 episode "Royal Pudding")
- He is the youngest character in South Park to have had consensual sex in "Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy". This spot was previous held by Jimmy Valmer, who had sex with a prostitute in "Erection Day".
- On the broken Ike Doll's gravestone in "Ike's Wee Wee", it says that he was born in 1996 (because the episode was aired in 1998).
- As seen in "Make Love, Not Warcraft", Ike has a World of Warcraft user account.
- Ike is the first Canadian character to appear on South Park, although his origins are not revealed until later.
- At the end of "Mecha-Streisand", he managed to get his hands on the Diamond of Pantheos, and transformed into Mecha-Ike. The ramifications of this are unknown, and everything was back to normal by the next episode.
- Ike is a Knight in Canada.
- Ike is shown to be extremely loyal as the show goes on; he stands by Kyle and wishes to stay with him and his family in "It's Christmas in Canada", and he goes to save the Canadian princess when she is kidnapped by "Tooth Decay".
- Ike is shown to be very strong for his age, as he cut through the chains that held The Canadian Princess in "Royal Pudding" with almost no effort whatsoever.
- Ike can get in trouble sometimes as seen in South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut when Kyle breaks two windows by kicking Ike through them and Sheila gets mad and blames him for it. In "Jewbilee", Ike kept trying to take off his squirt uniform, but Sheila tells him to behave.
- Ike is shown to know about "Ugly Bob" and his hideous deformity in "Royal Pudding", and how one glance can turn a person to stone, as he does so with "Tooth Decay". How he knew of Ugly Bob's ability is unknown.
- Ike is said to have freckles in "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe", but they are never seen.
- Ike in "Taming Strange is shown to have a light Canadian accent, most likely due to the fact he has lived in South Park most of his life.
- Ike is shown to not like Cartman as in "Something You Can Do with Your Finger", he flips Cartman off after being rejected. However in "Fatbeard", he joins Cartman's pirate crew.
- As of Season Seventeen, Ike has had a speaking role in 37 episodes.
- "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe" - He was abducted by Visitors.
- "Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo" - He was set on fire.
- "Starvin' Marvin " - He cut one of turkeys' head with wood sword.
- "Mecha-Streisand" - At the end, he found the Triangle of Zinthar in Kyle's trashcan and was turned into a giant.
- "Ike's Wee Wee" - The whole episode centered around the boys trying to save him from being circumcised.
- "Jewbilee" - He was in the Jew squirts and tried to help the leader hunt down an angry bear.
- "Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics" - Kyle Teaches Ike how to play Dreidel.
- "Something You Can Do with Your Finger" - He auditioned for Fingerbang.
- "Do the Handicapped Go to Hell?" - Kyle takes Ike with him to confess his sins.
- "Trapper Keeper" - He first started Kindergarten.
- "Helen Keller! The Musical" - Seen in the Kindergarten play.
- "The Wacky Molestation Adventure"
- "A Very Crappy Christmas " - Waits for Mr. Hankey with Kyle.
- "It Hits the Fan"
- "The Entity" - He yelled at Kyle for implying he doesn't have a brother.
- "Asspen" - He attended the skiing trip to Aspen.
- "The New Terrance and Phillip Movie Trailer" - Ike watches the MacNeil/Lehrer Report.
- "It's Christmas in Canada - Ike's birth parents take Ike to live with them in Canada, which makes Kyle want to go to Canada to find his brother.
- "Make Love, Not Warcraft" - He was one of the original team to bring down Jenkins, later seen feeding Kyle an energy drink.
- "Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy" - He fell in love with his teacher, Ms. Stevenson.
- "Stanley's Cup" - He was a member of the pee-wee hockey team.
- "The List" - Kyle asked him if he thought he was ugly.
- "Canada on Strike" - He was one of the Canadians protesting.
- "About Last Night..." - Ike jumps off of the first floor window of his home because Barack Obama won the election.
- "Fatbeard" - He joins Eric Cartman's pirate crew.
- "Dead Celebrities" - The episode centered around the boys' efforts to exorcise the ghost of Michael Jackson from him.
- "The F Word" - Seen at in his room calling the bikers, "fags".
- "Dances with Smurfs" - Seen at South Park Elementary.
- "It's a Jersey Thing" - Seen briefly at his home eating diner.
- "Royal Pudding" - Ike fights alongside Ugly Bob, Scott the Dick and a native Canadian to save the princess from Tooth Decay.
- "Insecurity" - Ike is traumatized by seeing the UPS man, who is really his father in costume, having sex with his mother.
- "Obama Wins!" - Ike is seen watching Barack Obama's speech, and is visibly upset at both his victory and Mitt Romney's loss.
- "Taming Strange" - Ike is shown to be going through puberty, and becomes manager to Yo Gabba Gabba's Foofa when he convinces her to leave the cast to be a more sexual performer.
The Stick of Truth
Ike is seen in his pirate costume from Fatbeard. When battling Kyle, the famous "Kick the Baby" is used as an attack. When laying siege to Clyde's fortress, Ike tries to launch a firework, but is stopped by a cyclops. The player can launch the firework for him (which kills the Cyclops) and Ike befriends him.
- ↑ ""South Park" Starvin' Marvin (TV episode 1997)". IMDb.com.
- ↑ ""South Park" Jewbilee (TV episode 1999)". IMDb.com.
- ↑ ""South Park" Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina (TV episode 2005)". IMDb.com.
- ↑ ""South Park" Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy (TV episode 2006)". IMDb.com.
- ↑ ""South Park" Canada on Strike (TV episode 2008)". IMDb.com.
- ↑ "You may notice Ike's voice changes depending on the episode. That's bc Ike's voice is done by various staff members' kids.". @SouthPark on Twitter.com.
|Broflovski / Schwartz Family|