|April 2007 Featured Article Winner|
The Goth Kids are the group of goth children at South Park Elementary. They are usually seen hanging around the café Benny's and the Village Inn. They also hang out behind the school, near the loading bay and parking lot. They all wear black clothes and eyeliner and have black hair and pale skin as well as being heavy smokers.
The Goth Kids are very stereotypical goths. They rarely go to school and prefer to sit around all day drinking coffee and smoking. They constantly go on about how pointless and painful life is. They also like to go to the cemetery often, where they write poems about death and sorrow. They take to calling those who are not goths "Britney (Spears) and Justin (Timberlake) wannabes". They also "dance" by looking down at the ground, with their hands at their sides, and every three seconds they take a drag on their cigarettes.
To them, everyone who follows along with normal life and the path of average citizens are "conformists", whom they despise, they state that their purpose in life is to make life more miserable for the conformists. They hate the South Park Vampire Society more than conformists, as everyone else mistakes them for being vampires rather than Goth. They have also joined a cult group that worships Cthulhu and is involved with the Necronomicon. Coon and Friends figure this is because the cult's ideals fit in with their goth lifestyle. However, they quickly leave the cult after seeing nothing has changed and assist Mysterion in learning Cthulhu's weakness.
The goth kids also are into gothic literature as well, including the author Edgar Allan Poe and HP Lovecraft. They also have an in interest in gothic rock and industrial music.
Henrietta's name was given officially in the Season Seven episode, "Raisins". Pete, Michael, and Firkle, however, did not have their names revealed until the Season Seventeen episode, "Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers".
- To see images of Goth Kids, visit Goth Kids/Gallery.
- Main article: Michael
Michael, is the oldest goth kid. In "You Got F'd in the A", he helps Stan's dance team out in an effort to be the biggest non-conformist of all by not even conforming to goth standards. He also suggests bringing Yao into the group.
- Main article: Pete
Pete is the second-oldest male goth kid and seems to be around the same age as Henrietta. He shows a little concern over the position he and the other goth kids are in when they were about to kill Mysterion. Despite not wanting to kill anyone he ends up going along with the other goths after Michael said that killing is expected when you're a minion of Cthulhu.
- Main article: Henrietta Biggle
Henrietta Biggle is the only female goth kid. Her bedroom is another place where the Goths hang out where they read depressing poems about how much they hate conformists. During the events of "Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers", Henrietta's parents send her to a camp attempting to improve her attitude. The camp turns her emo.
- Main article: Firkle
Firkle is the youngest of the goths. He says that most people are "Nazi conformist cheerleaders", and that he is the biggest non-conformist there is.
Raven (Stan Marsh)
Stan Marsh briefly became a goth in the episode "Raisins", after Wendy Testaburger broke-up with him. Feeling depressed, he hung out with the Goth Kids as suggested by Kyle Broflovski. Pete called Stan "Raven", which was seemingly his new 'goth name'. He wore a black T-shirt which featured Edgar Allen Poe's face with the word "Nevermore" written above it which appears to be a band shirt of the metal band "Nevermore". He later quit the group, on advice from Butters Stotch, after realizing that it is better to be sad and cheer up later rather than to have a Gothic attitude.
After this, it is implied that he was still in contact with the Goth Kids, as they knew about Wendy and Stan getting back together, referencing it in "Breast Cancer Show Ever". However, the Goth Kids seem to still hold something of a grudge against Stan, calling him jock in a disparaging manner.
Unnamed Goth Girl
There is another Goth girl that can be seen with the group in short non-speaking cameos on two occasions. Once in "Goobacks" she is seen helping the other Goth kids pick up garbage during the "Work for a better future" song and again during the Season Nine intro sequence replacing Firkle.
The Goth Kids have collectively and individually engaged in numerous criminal offenses.
- Arson: In "The Ungroundable", they set fire to the South Park Hot Topic store, burning it to the ground.
- Attempted Murder: Firkle attempts to kill Mysterion in "Mysterion Rises", but the Cult Leader does so instead.
- Attempted Murder / Kidnapping: In "The Ungroundable", they kidnap Mike Makowski, the leader of the South Park Vampire Society, with the intent of murdering him. After he admits he isn't a vampire, however, they change their minds and ship him off to Scottsdale, Arizona instead.
- Drug Abuse / Underage Smoking: The Goth Kids are frequently seen smoking cigarettes despite their age (5 and 10), in addition to abusing cough syrup to hallucinate.
- Grand Theft Auto / Driving Without A License: In "The Ungroundable", they take Henrietta's mother's car without her permission, and are clearly too young to have even a learner's permit.
- Hostage-Taking / Terrorism: In "T.M.I." Michael participates in the Pissed Off and Angry Party's taking of hostages at the Fed-Ex offices.
- Treason / Sedition: In the Superhero Arc, they are shown to be part of the Cthulhu cult and supporting the eponymous monster's reign of terror. They later leave the cult, though, expressing dissatisfaction with the outcome.
- "Raisins" - The Goth Kids are first introduced when a depressed Stan starts hanging out with them.
- "You Got F'd in the A" - Michael joins Stan's dance crew, claiming that he's so non-conformist that he won't conform with the Goths.
- "Goobacks" - They are seen cleaning up garbage with others at the near end. There also appears to be another goth girl with them.
- "Quest for Ratings" - The Goth Kids are seen chugging cough syrup.
- "Best Friends Forever" - The Goth Kids are waiting in line for the PSP behind Kenny. Cartman attempts to cut in front of them.
- "Erection Day" - The Goth Kids perform at the talent show with their song "Talent Shows are for Fags".
- "Breast Cancer Show Ever" - Rebecca called them "Emo Kids." They also talk to Stan in the hall and watched the fight between Wendy and Cartman.
- "The Ungroundable" - They get very angry when the vampire trend takes over the school and their style is appropriated. They spend the episode trying to figure out how to stop the fad.
- "Mysterion Rises" - A part of Cthulhu's cult and are confronted by Mysterion.
- "Coon vs. Coon & Friends" - The Goth Kids, having already abandoned their cult due to nothing being changed by Cthulhu, help Mysterion in learning Cthulhu's weakness.
- "T.M.I." - Michael attends anger management and is revealed that he has a small penis.
- "Butterballs" - They can be seen sitting on the stairs during Stan Marsh's anti-bullying video.
- "Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers" - Henrietta turns emo and the others team up with the South Park Vampire Society to stop the emos.
- "Black Friday" - They are asked to become members of the group that wants to get PS4s on Black Friday, but initially turn down the offer. However, they later change their minds and join the group.
- "A Song of Ass and Fire" - They attend the "wedding" of Tom Hanks and Beyoncé Knowles.
- "Stunning and Brave" - Michael only.
- Despite the typical attitude of the Goth Kids, Pete and Henrietta are seen enthusiastically smiling and waving in the South Park Theme. Michael was seen smiling as well as cheering during the endings of "You Got F'd in the A" and "T.M.I.".
- The Goth Kids are shown to be quite protective of one another, as seen in "Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers", when Pete and Michael try to help Henrietta after she has turned emo. They even risk their lives to bring her back to normal. At the end of "Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers", Pete tells Henrietta that they torched the emo plant leader, so as to save her from the embarrassment of admitting she went emo not by force, but by of her own free will. This may also explain their disparaging treatment of Stan, as they may be hurt that he quit their group.
- Michael, Pete, and Firkle are referred to as Tall Goth, Hair Flip, and Little Goth, respectively, in the official script.