Gerald is a lawyer and a member of City Council as the city attorney. He has handled such legal matters as Getting Chef's name put on the album for Stinky Britches in "Chef Aid". He also helped Eric Cartman to successfully sue Stan after he called him an "Ass sucker". He later abused his power as a lawyer in the same episode by persuading his clients to sue South Park Elementary. This counts as a Ponzi Scheme because Gerald scammed South Park Elementary and its students by making multiple false claims of sexual harassment and then making millions out of it. Then everyone started suing each other, causing the school to go bankrupt. In the episode "Major Boobage", he gets a law passed that cats are to be illegal in South Park, but he again abuses his power as a lawyer by breaking that law after he grounded Kyle for keeping a cat away from Kenny McCormick.
Gerald was seen driving a car best resembling a purple-red 2002 Lincoln Navigator in "Asspen", and in "Smug Alert!" he drives a Toyonda Pious with a license plate reading "1TMYMPG"( 1T=Want, so together it reads: "Want my Miles Per Gallon?")
He wears a magenta yarmulke, a khaki jacket with a blue shirt underneath, and forest green trousers. He has brown hair with sideburns and a full beard trimmed into a point at the chin and shaved alongside the lips so that his mustache does not connect. He has never been seen without his yarmulke on, except in the episode "Major Boobage" which confirms that he is balding. The fact that he is always seen wearing it would imply that he practices Orthodox Judaism, yet his liberal views and the fact that no other Jewish clothes are worn by him or his family implies that he is conservative or a member of a more progressive sect who wears it via choice.
Gerald seems to care about the environment and current events. He is typically portrayed to be kind and friendly, though he can be stubborn, sarcastic and impolite at times. Although he is seen as a primarily moral man, he is seen to get carried away with matters of money.
Gerald seems to be the most caring and rational of all the male parents in South Park. He is concerned with Kyle learning about moral values. He will typically take up the same issues as his wife Sheila Broflovski.
Sheila tends to be over protective of her children and goes to extremes to protect them from harm. She met Gerald in the US State of New Jersey and moved to South Park, Colorado so her children would not grow up in the dangerous big city.
Kyle is the only child of Gerald and Sheila. He is intelligent and has empathy for others. During the earlier seasons Kyle was the one who was taunted and teased the most. In later seasons he has become a stronger figure who stands up for himself and others.
Ike Moisha Broflovski
Ike, formerly Gintz, was adopted from a family in Canada. He is very patriotic of his home country as well as mature beyond his years. He enjoys watching the news on TV; went on strike for Canada and has had an older girlfriend, Ms. Stevenson, he has also saved the Canadian Royal Wedding from Tooth Decay.
- As of Season Seventeen, Gerald has had a speaking role in 84 episodes.
- In "Quintuplets 2000", it is implied Gerald's mother is dead when Randy tells those who have a grandma to step forward, Kyle didn't step forward.
So far, Gerald has had a speaking role in every season.
- "Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo" - Gerald and Sheila protest against the school nativity play. Later, he holds onto Father Maxi while Sheila beats him up.
- "Cartman's Mom Is a Dirty Slut" - Revealed to be a possible father of Eric Cartman.
- "Ike's Wee Wee" - Gerald and Sheila explain to Kyle that Ike was adopted.
- "Chickenpox" - Gerald and Stuart go fishing together.
- "Chef Aid" - Gerald helps Chef to get his name put on the "Stinky Britches" album of Alanis Morissette.
- "Spontaneous Combustion" - Gerald can't get aroused by Sheila, but gets turned on by two girls who want to sue Randy Marsh.
- "Sexual Harassment Panda" - Gerald helps the kids sue each other for sexual harassment, which leads to a city-wide case of Everyone vs. Everyone.
- "Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub" - Gerald and Randy have a hard time interacting with each other at the meteor party after they both experiment and masturbate in front of each other in Mr. Mackey's hot tub.
- "The Entity" - Gerald welcomes Kyle's cousin Kyle Schwartz to South Park.
- "Asspen" - Gerald, Sheila and kin accompany the Marshes, Cartman and Stotches to Aspen.
- "It's Christmas in Canada" - Gets a visit by Ike's birth parents.
- "Red Man's Greed" - He confesses to Randy that he has a gambling problem.
- "Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina" - He is angry that Kyle and Dr. Bieber agreed to a negroplasty. Gerald later gets a "dolphinoplasty", and becomes upset when he doesn't receive special treatment for being a dolphin.
- "Smug Alert!" - Gerald gets a hybrid and becomes very smug then decides to move to San Francisco.
- "Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy" - Gerald and Sheila find out from Kyle that Ike is having an affair with his teacher, Ms. Stephenson.
- "Night of the Living Homeless" - Gerald can't overcome the beggars, and ends up becoming homeless himself.
- "More Crap" - Gerald is one of the men supporting Randy in the crapping competition.
- "Imaginationland" - Kyle asks him were leprechauns come from? and he says from Ireland.
- "Major Boobage" - Gerald gets Cheesing outlawed and then later we find out he used to cheese back in the day and he still does.
- "Pandemic" - Gerald and other parents are worried about their sons and say that Craig is a bad influence on them.
- "The Ring" - Seen at the funeral
- "HUMANCENTiPAD" - Gerald becomes a member of Apple to save his son from Steve Jobs' creation by going to the Geniuses, In which he states, "I am now part of the future."
- "Jewpacabra" - Seen in Cartman's dream about Passover and the plagues affecting Egypt.
- "Sarcastaball" - Seen at the PTA meeting with all the other parents.
- "Raising the Bar" - Seen asking Cartman about his mobility scooter.
- "Insecurity" - Gerald, dressed as a UPS delivery driver, and Sheila have sex, traumatizing Ike.
- "A Scause For Applause" - Seen in the background while Jesus Christ gives his speech.
- "Informative Murder Porn" - Complains to the local cable company after his murder porn television programming is blocked and learns to play MINECRAFT.
- "Gluten Free Ebola" - Seen in the USDA meeting when Randy talks to him about gluten making "your dick fly off".
- "The Cissy" - Gerald is questioned by the SPIN reporter about the identity of Lorde.
- "Handicar" - Gerald watches Wacky Races in his pajamas while eating cereal.
- "The Magic Bush"
- "#REHASH" - Gerald offers to take Kyle and Ike to the bowling alley.
- "#HappyHolograms" - Gerald takes a selfie with a model ship, as Kyle looks on.
- The City Part of Town- Seen at the Whole Foods Market with a dog.
- "You're Not Yelping"- Is one of the Yelp critics. He also starts pipe smoking.
- Gerald Broflovski appears in the game as a minor character, remaining in the front yard of Broflovski Residence during the most of the game.
|Broflovski / Schwartz Family|