Father Maxi is a Roman Catholic priest who serves as the mouthpiece for South Park's Christian community. He is voiced by Matt Stone and runs the South Park Church. He first appeared in the Season One episode, "Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo".
His unwavering belief that everyone is going to Hell goes so far as that he bluntly claimed that Timmy Burch would go to Hell, since Timmy cannot confess his sins, as he cannot speak anything fluently.
However, at times Father Maxi can come off as less of a fundamentalist, as in "Red Hot Catholic Love" in which he grows concerned by the massive amounts of sexual abuse cases regarding priest and children and is horrified to discover that sex with children is apparently part of Vatican Law. When he discovers this, he makes several attempts to change the "Holy Doctrine" so that sex with children is wrong, and suggesting that priests be allowed to have sex with women.
His desire to change Vatican Law and be allowed to sleep with women may have something to do with the fact that he has apparently had sex with several women in South Park, including Liane Cartman.
There are also times where he seems to know very little about religion; once, when seeing Jesus Christ, he exclaimed "Hey, it's that guy from the public access show!" However, considering that Jesus actually hosts a cable access show in South Park, this is most likely done for irony purposes.
The top is his hair is darker in color than the sides, suggesting that he wears a toupée.
When it's announced that Jesus has been removed from the Christmas play, he requests that Santa Claus and Frosty be removed as well.
He has his first major role in this episode. He expresses his beliefs on whether or not the handicapped will go to Hell to the boys. They later seen having sex with Betsy Donovan in the church confessional, which gives Cartman the idea to lead his own Christian community.
Father Maxi claims he will be able to convert Big Gay Al to being straight but it is revealed he made a similar claim about a man called "Peterson" who Father Maxi himself ended up having sex with.
Despite his character flaws, it was Father Maxi who, in the episode "Red Hot Catholic Love", unearthed the massive corruption behind the many church-related sexual assaults. He also forced the Catholic Church to stop letting priests molest young boys. Apparently this plan almost succeeds.
Serves a semi-major role as an affiliate of Randy Marsh, along with Skeeter, Stephen Stotch, and others, during his rebellion against the economy as an illusion to the mythologies of Moses, and Jesus Christ. Ironically, he wasn't on the side of Christ.
Priest Maxi can always be seen wearing black pants, black shoes, and a black shirt with a white collar.
His personality seems somewhat flexible based on the needs of the show; often he is a narrow-minded and intolerant man who is convinced most people are going to be damned to Hell, often for trivial offenses. For example in "Do the Handicapped Go to Hell?" he states constantly through his sermons that Hell awaits everyone in the town who do not go to church and confess their sins.
Father Maxi is rude and disrespectful towards the beliefs of others, such as he when he tricks Kyle, who is Jewish, into helping Stan and Cartman, into doing he Stations of the Cross. Also in "Do the Handicapped Go to Hell?", he informs Kyle that because of his beliefs, he and his family will go to Hell without question.
However, he still attempts to be good priest and leader of the community. In "Red Hot Catholic Love", it's revealed that he's the only priest not engaging in pedophilia. As a result he points out that they are to spreading the word of god, not harming the innocent. He even goes to Vatican City to stop this and nearly brings down the church as a result.
Though as a Roman Catholic priest Maxi is supposed to be celibate, he does not seem to regularly practice this. Like most of the adults in South Park, he has had sex with Liane Cartman at some point in his life, as mentioned in "Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut". In in "Do the Handicapped Go to Hell?", he was caught having sex with a woman named Mrs. Donovan, however, it is unlikely that she is Betsy Donovan, as her appearance was significantly different.
In "Cripple Fight" he admitted to having once been homosexual but claims to be reformed; however he apparently once had a sexual relationship with a man with Peterson who he was supposed to be trying to reforming of homosexuality. In "Red Hot Catholic Love " he pushes for a reformation of the celibacy rules as a way to stop priest pedophilia.
- Much like Principal Victoria, his inverted name is a reference to singer Maxi Priest.
- In "Cripple Fight", it is revealed that he used to be gay.
- Like many men in South Park, he is a great fan of the Denver Broncos, going as far as including a Broncos chant in his sermons.
- In "Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut" it is shown or at least implied that he has had sex with Liane Cartman.
- Despite being minister for many of Kenny McCormick's funerals he wasn't minister for the funeral for Kenny's semi-permanent death. Instead, Mr. Garrison was the minister (and was even wearing a priest collar). In addition, he is not the priest for his death in "Sexual Healing".
- Father Maxi's devoutness to religion has ranged greatly over the course of the series - in "Do the Handicapped Go to Hell?" and "Cripple Fight" he is shown to sin, but in episodes such as "Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery" and "Red Hot Catholic Love" he is shown being extremely devout.
- "Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo" - Bothered by the fact that the Jesus is removed from the school and request Santa Claus and Frosty to be removed.
- "Damien" - Bets on the match between Satan and Jesus.
- "Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut" - Shown or at least implied that he has had a sexual relationship with Liane Cartman.
- "Chickenlover" -
- "Ike's Wee Wee" - Minister at Ike's "funeral".
- "Conjoined Fetus Lady" - Seen cheering for Nurse Gollum.
- "Cow Days"
- "Spontaneous Combustion" - Minister at Kenny's funeral.
- South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (cameo)
- "Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery"
- "Chinpokomon" - Seen with the group of adults trying to talk to Mayor McDaniels.
- "Do the Handicapped Go to Hell?" - He expresses his beliefs on whether or not the mentally challenged people go to Hell. He is later seen having sex with a woman.
- "Probably" - He and the other adults try to get children to go back to school.
- "Cripple Fight" - States that he used to be homosexual, but claims to be reformed.
- "Red Hot Catholic Love" - Unearths the massive corruption behind sexual assaults in churches. He goes to Vatican City to stop priest pedophilia and almost bring the church down as a result.
- "Grey Dawn" - Gives a funeral for nine people.
- "The Passion of the Jew" - Kyle comes to him for advice.
- "Marjorine" - Minister at Butters' "funeral".
- "Cartman Sucks"
- "The Ring" - Minister for Kenny's funeral.
- "The F Word"
- "Sexual Healing"
- "Reverse Cowgirl" - Minister for Betsy Donovan funeral.
- "The City Part of Town"
- "Naughty Ninjas"- Seen in the protest against the police.
- "PC Principal Final Justice"- Seen at the gun show, and in the crowd of people in front of the Whole Foods Market.
- "Not Funny" - Seen delivering a sermon about the impending doom everyone faces when TrollTrace.com goes online.