- For other uses, see Damien (disambiguation).
Damien Thorn is the only son of Satan. He is voiced by Matt Stone and later by Trey Parker. He claims to be from the seventh layer of hell. His only two speaking appearances to date was in the episode "Damien" and South Park: The Stick of Truth.
In "Damien", he joins the boys' class as the new student at South Park Elementary. He introduces himself as the son of Satan, a claim which is completely ignored by Mr. Garrison, despite his obvious evil powers. Damien is rejected from sitting with the main characters during lunch, and is taunted by Kenny and Stan. Outraged, he turns Kenny into a duck-billed platypus, then demands to speak to Jesus.
Damien's father, Satan, challenges Jesus to a boxing match, and everyone in town bets their money on Satan, except one person, Satan himself, who, unbeknownst to the townspeople, bets his money on Jesus. Initially, Jesus is horribly beaten, but Satan throws the fight, allowing Jesus to win in order to get everyone's money. Damien then returns to Hell alongside his father, claiming that he only performs evil because he has to. As Damien leaves, Stan and Kyle briefly lament that he will never be able to gain acceptance because he's always on the move.
Damien's appearance is fairly plain as he only wears plain black pants and a black long-sleeve shirt. He has eyebrows in the shape of lighting bolts. He has long black wavy hair and does not wear gloves. When he gets upset, he has fire in his eyes. He does not have any other distinguishing features.
Power and Abilities
Damien has bizarre powers which include, but are not limited to, summoning shadow demons, launching fireballs from his fingertips, and turning people into animals.
Damien befriends Pip Pirrup after being rejected by Cartman and the others. Though Damien doesn't like Pip, the two are seen together throughout the episode. Pip shows empathy for Damien, claiming that he "knows what it's like being the new kid". Following Pip's advice, Damien goes into counseling with Mr. Mackey, who tells him to be passive and "overly nice". Damien tries this with the boys, but is consequently farted on and called 'Fart Boy'. He tells Pip, who is delighted at the thought of losing that nickname to Damien.
Damien and Pip were the only boys not invited to Cartman's birthday party. While sitting on the street, Damien asks Pip if he has always been hated. Pip replies that he has, and that Cartman is also hated, but is accepted by the others for teasing Pip. This gives Damien an idea. Damien takes Pip to Cartman's party and as a gift, sends Pip flying in the air before making him explode. Pip is then seen falling to the ground, where he lands safely in the snow, apparently having enjoyed the experience. This wins Damien acceptance, and he and Pip are never seen together again.
ProminenceAfter his initial appearance, Damien was written out of South Park story-wise, aside a prominent cameo in "Professor Chaos" as a possible fourth friend, and even is seen holding a rose despite not being called up for one. He still reappears in the background periodically as an animator easter egg, generally once or twice per season, although in recent years he has seen increasing use in scenes taking place in the school gymnasium. Damien gets a speaking role for the first time in 16 years, since his first appearance, in South Park: The Stick of Truth, where he is seen inside the movie theater watching various trailers.
- "Damien" - Debut Appereance
- "Gnomes" - cameo
- South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut -cameo
- "Professor Chaos" - cameo
- "The Death Camp of Tolerance" - cameo
- "I'm a Little Bit Country" - cameo
- "Butt Out" - cameo
- "AWESOM-O" - cameo
- "Douche and Turd" - cameo
- "Erection Day" - cameo
- "Smug Alert!" - cameo
- "Cartoon Wars Part I" - cameo
- "Tsst" - cameo
- "The F Word" - cameo
- "Dances With Smurfs" - cameo
- "Funnybot" - cameo
- "City Sushi" - cameo
- "Butterballs" - cameo
- "Gluten Free Ebola" - cameo
Damien serves as an unlockable character in the game South Park Rally. He is unlocked by defeating "Halloween" with Kenny.
Damien plays a minor role in the game, remaining in the theater during the entire game, where he speaks out against Rob Schneider. He will be added to the player's friend list if spoken to. There was multiple 'Missing' posters for him throughout the town, referencing his lack of attendance in the show. His voice seems to have changed from his speaking apperence to a more standard one, unlike his original high-pitched one.
- He is based on Damien Thorn from The Omen.
- Damien is constantly accompanied by the ominous Latin chanting of "Rectus... Dominus... Cheesy Poofs...", "rectus dominus" is cod Latin for "ass master", an insult often used on the show, and Cheesy Poofs are Cartman's favorite snack.
- Damien was originally going to be voiced by Beavis and Butt-Head and King of the Hill creator and voice actor Mike Judge. Due to the fast production on South Park, however, Judge was unable to record new lines. Judge later did the voice of the unhooded Kenny in South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut.
- He was originally going to have a supporting role in South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, but this was cut from the film. However, he can still be seen in the theater when the boys see Asses of Fire for the second time.
- Damien is featured in the game South Park Rally.
- In "Funnybot", Damien can be seen in the crowd with his old-style eyebrows, the only fourth grader to maintain unusual eyebrows past the fourth season.
- In "T.M.I.", his surname is revealed to be Thorn (the same last name as the character from The Omen) via a chart published by the school. He does not appear in the actual episode, however.
- In various episodes, a kid similar looking to Damien in a blue shirt and brown hair can be seen sitting the back of the classroom.