Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
We should come up with a categorization policy for this wiki.
This is what our current policy looks like:
Categories are used for both organizational and navigational purposes. When adding categories, make sure that the category belongs in the article. Also always check the description for each category before adding it.
Please do not add too many categories to a single article.
Here's a couple of helpful tips to prevent over-categorization.
Add your own changes here:
- The Simpsons wiki has a pretty good categorization policy, so you might want to check it out.
- Should celebrities go in the Male, Female, Adult, minor characters, one-off characters and background characters categories?
Discuss the changes here:
- "Should celebrities go in the Male, Female, Adult, minor characters, one-off characters and background characters categories?" I think they shouldn't, because I just spent like an hour taking them out of those categories, and I'm only like 1/3rd done! Davoo 23:41, September 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Im not sure about this, it is good for the archievements but on the other hand they are celebritiesThangthang15 18:18, September 13, 2010 (UTC)
- ...you can't craft the policy and standards of the site just to make it easy to get points. That's totally missing the point of achievements. Davoo 20:38, September 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm on a fence about celebrity categorization so whatever the community decides, will be the new rule.
- Also once we agree what the categorization policy should look like, we will crack down on "achievement boosters". I've been lenient before, but after this is done, every one will be expected to be familiar with the rules and therefore should not add wrong categories to wrong articles, if they do, then they'll get a warning and be blocked if they persist.
- Also if we decide to add celebrities to those categories, then I will use my bot account to do it, so nobody will gain achievements for doing it. But first, I'll need community approval on getting a "bot flag" for my bot. --Anon talk 21:18, September 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I think one-off characters should be allowed for celebrities who did not reappear in "200" and "201" and only did make one appearance since it's generally cited all celebrities appeared. --JVM 10:21, September 27, 2010 (UTC)
- That's a good point, JVM. There aren't a lot of celebrities that didn't make even a small cameo in those episodes. This policy idea sparkles with me. Davoo 13:32, September 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Davoo, You are asking about the categories that are really important to the articles about the persons, no matter whether there are celebrities there. Such actions are really required ffor all characters without dependence on famous or not famous people. You didn't have to take those categories out, maybe with an exception of one-off categories that means nothing and explains no information about the character American4real 00:54, November 1, 2010 (UTC)