Betsy Donovan was Clyde Donovan's mother and Roger Donovan's wife. She was of Dutch ancestry and according to Clyde, she apparently had a very good recipe for lemon bars. She died in "Reverse Cowgirl", after Clyde left the toilet seat up. However, she was later seen alive in the episodes "Jewpacabra" and "You're Not Yelping", which is likely a continuity error.
Betsy was originally referred to as "Martha" in her non-speaking debut in the episode, "Red Hot Catholic Love", but ten years later, her name was changed to Betsy, in "Reverse Cowgirl". Betsy was from a Dutch background and could even speak in its native tongue. She displayed her Dutch language and singing skills in the episode "Crack Baby Athletic Association", when she was singing a Dutch melody about Slash to Clyde over the phone.
In "Reverse Cowgirl," it is revealed that Betsy was hard on Clyde when it comes to matters such as leaving the toilet seat up, even going to his school to confront him about it. Ultimately, Clyde failed to put the toilet seat down, resulting in her death. Betsy apologized to Clyde for not being harder on him and begs him to put the toilet seat down, for his sister's sake, before she asked to be allowed to die. Her death was caused by her organs being forcefully ripped from out of her rectum, due to pressure changes caused by closing the water valve.
She had dark brown hair, just like Clyde and her husband. She wore a long-sleeved white top with a light brown over dress, a red belt, a gold belt buckle, and pearl earrings.
- "Red Hot Catholic Love" - Seen in church; she was referred to as 'Martha'.
- "It's Christmas in Canada" - Seen in the crowd of people at the Christmas tree lighting in South Park.
- "Child Abduction is Not Funny" - Seen at Whistlin' Willy's.
- "Ginger Kids" - She hears Clyde scream only to find him missing.
- "Free Willzyx" - She talks to the two aquarium employees.
- "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" - She explains that Clyde had a colostomy when he was five.
- "Lice Capades" - She takes Clyde to the doctor.
- "The List" - She tells Clyde it's time for him to go to bed.
- "You Have 0 Friends" (mentioned only) - Eric Cartman says that she is taking everyone in her son’s class to Casa Bonita.
- "Mysterion Rises" - She tells Clyde to take the garbage out.
- "Crack Baby Athletic Association" - She and her husband explain to Clyde that Slash isn't real.
- "Reverse Cowgirl" - Events during this episode led to her death.
- "Jewpacabra" - Makes a brief cameo appearance at the egg hunt.
- "The Magic Bush" - Cameo as photo.
- South Park: The Stick of Truth - Cameo as photo.
|South Park families|
Other Characters' Families